The Studio is ideal for intimate acoustic sessions, alternative theatre, conferences, expos, and rehearsals. In theatre mode it seats 192 people comfortably. This versatile room can be transformed with retractable seating making way for a 19m x 11m ‘Black Box’ flat floor. Located on the west side of the venue, it opens into the main foyer with separate external access.
- Flat floor mode: Capacity 200
- Theatre style mode: Capacity 192
- The seating is in a single bank 18 seats wide and 12 rows deep.
- The floor is a sprung plywood sandwich construction topped with masonite.
- The floor capacity 500 kg/m2.
- Rigging beams (RB3) safe working load 200kg/m2.
- Hearing loop available.
- Box office, cloaking, catering and local marketing services are also available.
There are 2 large dressing rooms for up to 15 people each plus 2 small dressing rooms for 2 people each located behind the main theatre stage at stage level. Each dressing room has a shower and toilets, which services both the studio and the main auditorium. There are 2 more rehearsal/dressing rooms for 8 to 10 people, which includes shower and toilet facilities. These are located on the basement level with easy access to the orchestra pit.
Washing and drying facilities are available and are located in the loading dock.
- The loading dock is located on the south side of the building.
- It is a flat floor loading bay at stage level with easy access to both theatres.
- The loading dock has an approximate height from the ground of 900mm at the entrance to the dock.
- The Studio is available for hire in theatre mode and flat floor mode.
Please call administration on: +61 2 4429 5752 for more information.