The Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre is a state-of-the-art venue located on Bridge Rd in Nowra, close to the beautiful Shoalhaven River.
The Centre was built in July 2008 and is considered one of the most innovative venues in Australia. Architecturally designed, this $27 million iconic venue comprises of two main theatres and is complemented by a number of smaller meeting rooms. The Gallery Function room is ideal for functions, cocktail parties and weddings.
The Auditorium and Studio theatres are designed to have a variety of different functions including concerts, conferences, presentations, expos, dinners, auctions, professional theatre as well as sporting events.
Both theatres are versatile and boast retractable seating allowing for a great deal of flexibility. In a flat floor mode, the auditorium has a capacity for 1000 general floor admission and 200 reserved seating. WiFi is also provided throughout the centre so you can stay connected.
Some interesting facts:
- The longest truss in the building is 25 metres and weighs 20 tonne
- There are 3,000 cubic metres of concrete in the Entertainment Centre
- It took 4 years to build from its original concept in July 2004 until its completion in July 2008
- There are 24 switchboards, 1200 light fittings, 250 power outlets, 280 special purpose power outlets and 200km of cabling
- The stage in the Auditorium measures 15 metres wide by 11 metres deep