The Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre is a state of the art venue tucked away close to the beautiful Shoalhaven River only 20 minutes from the exquisite Jervis Bay.
The centre was built in July 2008 and is considered one of the most innovative venues in Australia. Architecturally designed, this $23 million iconic venue, comprises two main theatres and is complimented by smaller rooms for functions like meetings, presentations, cocktail parties and fundraisers.
The Auditorium and Studio theatres are designed to have a variety of different functions including; concerts, conferences, presentations, expos, dinners, auctions, community events, professional theatre as well as sporting events.
Both theatres are versatile and boast retractable seating allowing for a great deal of flexibility. In a flat floor mode, the auditorium has a capacity for 1000 general floor admission and 200 reserved seating. WiFi is also provided throughout the centre so you can stay connected.
Some interesting facts:
- The longest truss in the building is 25 metres and weighs 20 tonne
- There is 3,000 cubic metres of concrete in the Entertainment Centre
- It took 4 years from building its original concept in July 2004 until its completion in July 2008
- There are 24 switchboards, 1200 light fittings, 250 power outlets, 280 special purpose power outlets and 200km of cabling
- The stage in the Auditorium measures 15 metres wide by 11 metres deep